Governance & Voting Analyst
Rathbones is one of the UK’s leading providers of discretionary investment management services for individuals, charities and professional advisers.
We are looking for a highly motivated and organised Governance and Voting Analyst who will use their skills and experience to effectively manage our proxy voting and corporate engagement activities in line with the best interests of our clients. The successful candidate will also help to promote Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) issues within the investment process.
The successful candidate will have experience in ESG issues with a particular expertise in corporate governance and proxy voting and they will join in a new role to become part of a successful FTSE 250 business with c£39.1bn of assets under management.
- Overseeing consistent and informed proxy voting activities, ensuring timely execution of proxy votes
- Reviewing, maintaining and developing bespoke proxy voting policy in line with best practice
- Attending investment and stewardship committee meetings
- Acting as a representative for the business with regard to membership of the United Nations (UN PRI) (including responsibility for overseeing collaborative engagements and Annual Reporting)
- Responding to governance, proxy voting and responsible investment related queries from internal and external clients
- Maintain the online internal hub in relation to governance and proxy voting
In addition to Corporate Governance and proxy voting experience either at another investment house, registrar or research provider, you will have:
- Knowledge of; UK policy environment issues of corporate governance, Stewardship and shareholder rights and responsibilities, with evidence of knowledge of wider ESG issues an advantage
- The ability to manage complex information with an eye for detail
- A degree in a relevant subject (law, finance, economics and business)
- Strong numerical skills
- Strong IT skills including proficiency with Excel an advantage
- A motivated self-starter that is organised and proactive
- Results and detail oriented
- Relevant ICSA qualification(s), IMC, CFA level 1 or equivalent qualification (desirable)
This is a fantastic career development opportunity where you can make a significant contribution to the advancement of corporate governance and responsible investment at Rathbones at a very exciting time.
For more information about this role, or to apply, please contact Bianca Martin at Bianca.Martin@Rathbones.com by Friday 23rd March 2018.