Investment Manager - Ethical & Sustainable Investment Services
Job Title: Investment Manager– Rathbone Greenbank Investments
Salary: Competitive with an excellent benefits package
Reference number: 828
Rathbone Greenbank Investments is the specialist ethical, sustainable, impact investment team within Rathbones, one of the UK’s leading investment managers.
The Greenbank team manage assets of £1.6 billion for a wide range of private client, charity and trust clients who wish to see their values reflected in their investments. The team is a pioneer in the field of responsible investment, with roots dating back over 20 years.
Joining the team as an Investment Manager you will assist the Investment Director in the care of client portfolios, and to manage select portfolios personally. Develop investment business.
- Work as part of a team, sharing information and ideas, monitoring and assessing investment data, taking appropriate action as required.
- Manage, on an individual and shared basis, client portfolios, reviewing their performance and investing funds as appropriate to generate required income.
- Advise and liaise personally with clients, ensuring that all clients receive valuations and performance measures of their portfolios
- Maintain and develop good relationships with brokers, professional advisers and other relevant organisations, carrying out desk research as necessary to ensure that investment and technical knowledge is maintained. This includes maintaining up to date knowledge of and adherence to current regulatory requirements
- Work as part of an Investment team supporting them in administrative matters, sharing information and ideas.
- Building improved contacts with clients and professional advisers in order to develop new business.
- Communicate effectively with the Investment Administration team to action or resolve client related matters.
- Report to Senior Management any concerns relating to improper business practice, e.g. insider dealing, market manipulation, money laundering etc.
- Take responsibility for ensuring the continuing professional development of oneself and of the team.
- Contribute towards the continuing development of the Group by participating in projects, committees and other activities as requested from time to time.
Knowledge and skills required
- Have an Investment Management background and experience of managing portfolios.
- Keeps up to date with developments in the industry, including new products, legislation and regulation.
- Level 6/7 qualified
To apply for this role, simply send your CV with a covering letter outlining how you meet the requirements of this role to Elizabeth Ritchie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please ensure that you quote reference 828 on all correspondence.
The deadline for applications is 07/09/2020