We are looking for a Secretary / Administrator to provide efficient and effective secretarial and administrative support to a small team of Investment managers in our Birmingham office. In this diverse and varied role you will contribute towards the smooth operation of the team ensuring that an excellent client service is delivered at all times. You’ll promptly and professionally answer incoming telephone calls and respond to queries. As it is a small office there may be some reception duties when there are external visitors.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Secretary / Administrator, who enjoys working as part of a small team, to develop their administrative career within a long standing financial services firm.
To be considered for this role, you must have:
- Secretarial experience, preferably within financial services firm
- Experience of producing typed and general correspondence from manuscript, with a typing speed of at least 60 wpm. Audio typing would be an advantage
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office
- At a minimum, GCSEs in Maths and English at grade C or above
- Ability to learn and embrace new technology
- Excellent communication skills
- A proactive and flexible approach to tasks
- Strong time management, organisation and prioritisation skills
- Excellent attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
- Enjoy working in a small team in an open plan environment