If I have a question regarding my shareholding, who should I contact?

The Company's Registrars, Equiniti should be able to answer most questions. Their contact details are:

Equiniti Limited
Aspect House
Spencer Road
West Sussex
BN99 6DA
Telephone: 0371 384 2417
Facsimile: 0371 384 2100
Website: www.shareview.co.uk

Alternatively, you may contact the Company Secretary. Contact details are:

Ali Johnson
Company Secretary
Rathbone Brothers Plc
8 Finsbury Circus
London, EC2M 7AZ
Telephone: 020 7399 0000
Facsimile: 020 7399 0061
Email: ali.johnson@rathbones.com

I have lost my Rathbone Brothers Plc share certificate – what should I do?

If you lose your share certificate(s) or it has been stolen, you should inform Equiniti immediately on 0871 384 2417 (or +44 121 415 7047 if you are calling from overseas).

Equiniti will then send you a letter of indemnity. By signing and returning this letter to them, you are confirming that if the lost share certificate subsequently comes to light, you will return it to Equiniti to be cancelled. You are also required to guarantee that Rathbone Brothers Plc will not be liable for any loss as a result of issuing the duplicate certificate.

The indemnity must be guaranteed by a UK bank or an insurance company. Equiniti can also arrange this for you. Generally, the charge for this guarantee will depend on the value of the shares.

I reported a missing certificate but now I've found it. What should I do?

If you have already completed a letter of indemnity and sent it back to Equiniti, the original certificate is now invalid. You must send it back to Equiniti to be cancelled. If you have not yet returned it, please send the letter of indemnity back to Equiniti with a covering letter confirming that you have found the certificate and there is no need for a replacement to be issued.

My address has changed – what should I do?

If you have moved house, please download and complete a change of address form. Once completed and signed by the first named shareholder, return it to Equiniti at the address above.

Change of address form

My name has changed – what should I do?

You should write to Equiniti at the address above providing them with details of your new name and your previous name. You should also attach your marriage certificate or change of name deed together with your share certificate for re-issue.

How do I transfer my Rathbone Brothers shares?

If you want to transfer your Rathbone Brothers shares to someone that you know, you can do so by downloading and completing the stock transfer form and sending it with your share certificate(s) to Equiniti at the address above.

Unless you instruct Equiniti otherwise, they will automatically send the new certificate to the transferee at the address stated and any balance certificate back to the transferor. Stamp duty may be payable depending on the type of transfer. As a general rule, if no money is changing hands, then the transfer is not liable for stamp duty. In this instance, the exempt stamp duty category must be completed. To see whether your transaction is exempt or liable for stamp duty, please refer to page two of the stock transfer form, or obtain professional advice.

Stock Transfer Form

Can I gift Rathbone Brothers shares to charity?

The charity share donation specialist, Sharegift, specialise in accepting small holdings of shares whose low value mean that they are not worth selling. They are pooled with other donations, sold and the proceeds given to charity. They are, of course, happy to accept shareholdings of all sizes. Details can be found on their website at www.sharegift.org

Where can I obtain a copy of the company's annual report and accounts?

If the shares are registered in your name (and not in a nominee name used by an investment manager or stockbroker), you will receive a notification of the availability of the annual report and accounts by email or post when it is published on this website. You will be sent a hard copy of the annual report and accounts if you have advised Equiniti that you wish to receive all shareholder communications by post.

Can you confirm the number of Rathbone Brothers shares I hold?

You can view your shareholding online by registering with Shareview, a service provided by our Registrars, Equiniti.

For further information, please go to www.shareview.co.uk

Here you will be able to:

  • indicate your mailing preference (post or email) for notifications that shareholder communications are available on this website;
  • access relevant share register data including recent share movements and dividend details;
  • send your proxy instructions in advance of a company meeting;
  • update your address details or dividend payment instructions online;
  • view an indicative valuation of your shareholding;
  • view details of any Rathbones employee schemes you participate in; and
  • view a range of information and other practical help for shareholders.
A Rathbone Brothers Plc shareholder has died – who should I inform?

If you are administering an estate, you may need to transfer the shares into the names of beneficiaries or sell the holding. In any case, the first step is to write to Equiniti to let them know the details of the deceased shareholder and what you intend to do. They will then send you the forms you need to complete and will retain any future dividend payments in the meantime.

How do I buy/sell shares in Rathbone Brothers Plc?

In order to buy shares, or sell some or all of your shares, you need to contact a stockbroker or share-dealing service. As well as specialist stockbrokers, most high street banks and a number of building societies offer share-dealing services. Share-dealing services may be telephone, postal or internet-based and commission rates can vary considerably. Before selling shares, you should ensure that you have the related share certificate(s). If you are selling shares which are registered in a nominee name, rather than your own name, you need to contact the nominee to make arrangements to sell the shares.

I have lost the cheque relating to my last dividend payment – can I get a replacement?

Yes. If you contact Equiniti and provide details of the lost cheque they will send you a replacement. If the cheque was for less than £10.00 you will not be charged but for larger payments there is an administration fee of at least £2.50 (including VAT) which will be deducted from the dividend amount due. Please note, any cheque requested to be re-issued within the first 30 days of the original payment date, a fee will not be charged

I cannot cash an old dividend cheque because it is out-of-date – what should I do?

You should send it to Equiniti at the address above and they will reissue it for you. If the cheque was for less than £10.00 you will not be charged but for larger payments there is an administration fee of at least£2.50 (including VAT) which will be deducted from the dividend amount due.