The General Meeting ("GM") to be convened in relation to the approval of the all-share combination by Rathbones with Investec Wealth & Investment Limited is scheduled to be held at our London head office at 8 Finsbury Circus, London EC2M 7AZ, on Friday 23 June 2023 at 10:30 a.m.
The formal notice of the GM is set out in the Combined Prospectus and Circular on pages 200 to 204 and contains the particulars of the resolutions on which you are invited to vote.
Appointing a proxy
If you are unable to attend the GM, you can still be formally represented at the meeting by appointing a proxy to act on your behalf and by giving instructions on how you wish your proxy to vote on the proposed resolutions.
Irrespective of whether or not you propose to attend the GM, we would encourage you to appoint the Chair of the GM as your proxy. This will ensure that your vote will be counted if ultimately you (or any other proxy you may otherwise appoint) are not able to attend on the day for any reason. If you appoint the Chair as your proxy, the Chair will vote in accordance with your instructions. If the Chair is given discretion as to how to vote, he or she will vote in favour of each of the resolutions set out in the notice. Appointing the Chair of the GM as your proxy will not prevent you from attending and voting in person if you wish to do so.
Details of how to appoint a proxy are set out in the notes to the notice of GM on page 203 of the Combined Prospectus and Circular. If you require a hardcopy of the proxy form, please request this in writing from the Rathbones' registrar, Equiniti, at Aspect House, Spencer Road, Lancing, West Sussex, BN99 6DA or by calling Equiniti on +44 (0)371 384 2417 between 8.30 a.m. and 5.30 p.m., Monday to Friday (excluding English and Welsh public holidays).
To be valid, your proxy appointment form or instruction must be received at the address specified in the notes by no later than 10:30 a.m. on Wednesday 21 June 2023.
How to ask questions
The board is keen to hear from our shareholders. Shareholders who attend the GM on the day whether in person or by proxy will be able to ask questions on the business of the meeting in the usual way. Shareholders are also encouraged to submit any questions in advance of the GM by sending them to CompanySecretariat@rathbones.com. The company will respond before the proxy appointment deadline noted above to those questions received by 6:30 p.m. on 15 June 2023. Shareholders are also encouraged to check the company's website where answers to questions submitted in advanced of the meeting will be posted.
- Combined Prospectus and Circular and Notice of General Meeting
- Form of Proxy
- Announcement dated 4 April 2023
- Articles of Association
- Annual Report and Accounts 2022
- Annual Report and Accounts 2021
- Annual Report and Accounts 2020
- Accountants' Report on the Historical Financial Information of Investec W&I UK Group as contained in Part A of Part 7 of the Combined Prospectus and Circular
- Accountants' Report on the Unaudited Pro Forma Financial Information on the Enlarged Rathbones Group as contained in Part B of Part 9 of the Combined Prospectus and Circular
- Accountants' Consent Letter - EY
- Accountants' Consent Letter - Deloitte
- Corporate Adviser and Sponsor Consent Letter – BofA Securities