- Job Title: Assistant ESI Researcher
- Salary: Competitive with an excellent benefits package
- Reference Number: VAC 2409
- Duration: 9 month Fixer term contract
- Location: Bristol
Please ensure that you quote reference VAC 2409 on all correspondence.
To support Rathbone Greenbank’s investment managers in maintaining the team’s position as one of the UK’s leading providers of ethical and sustainable investment services. This includes ongoing oversight of the ethical and sustainability attributes of core holdings within clients’ portfolios and assuring their ongoing suitability according to clients’ individual ethical, sustainable & impact preferences.
Outcomes of the Role
- Maintain research database on companies’ ethical/ESG performance, using a range of sources.
- Assist in fulfilling service agreement with RUTM with regard to issuer screening and monitoring, monthly/annual reporting, review meetings etc for REBF, RGSF and GMAPS products.
- Assist with RFI responses for RUTM funds/GMAPS, including enquiries from IFAs etc.
- Assist with writing company annual ethical reviews for distribution to clients.
- Attend SRI seminars, events and conferences as required.
- Support engagement with companies, NGOs and collaborative engagement partners on corporate responsibility and sustainability issues.
- Assist with Rathbone Greenbank Investor Day and contribute articles as required for website and GB Review.
- Support the implementation of Rathbone Greenbank's thematic research process, including monitoring sustainability trends and their drivers and contributing to thought leadership pieces.
- Support the team in responding to client queries on a range of sustainability issues.
Knowledge & Experience
- Knowledge of responsible investment environment in which we operate.
- Knowledge of and interest in sustainability issues and how they interact with companies and investment.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to handle qualitative and quantitative information
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Confidence in utilising IT systems
- Qualifications or experience in sustainability and/or investment is desirable but not a necessity.
Rathbones promote a blended working approach and the role will be a mixture of home and office working.
To apply for this role, simply send your CV with a covering letter outlining how you meet the requirements of this role, current remuneration and notice period to People Resource Partner at firstname.lastname@example.org
Life at Rathbones
We aim to become an employer of choice for the wealth management sector, to achieve this we are working hard to build a diverse, equal, and inclusive workplace that motivates, develops and embraces the strengths of all our colleagues. Being part of Rathbones means you will join a team of passionate professionals in a successful culture that cares for its people. At Rathbones, we provide meaningful work, opportunities, and a voice to all.
We are committed to building a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences and abilities and encourage applications from all backgrounds. We welcome individuals who share our values – those that are passionate about client service, operate with the highest levels of integrity and have a strong results focus.
Our Rewards & Benefits
We offer a comprehensive remuneration package, which is regularly reviewed. Other benefits include company pension, private medical insurance, life assurance, company share scheme, income protection, season ticket loans and a range of other voluntary benefits.