2014 second quarter - key themes
Each quarter we produce a market review based on the key themes discussed at our Strategic Asset Allocation Committee. This quarter’s key themes include:
1. Sterling looks overvalued, but currency headwinds may continue for some time.
2. With markets close to fair value, long-short strategies can boost performance.
3. Referendum: "Should Scotland be an independent country?"
4. China - hard landing or managed slowdown?
5. Emerging markets - are bonds a better way to gain exposure than equities?
If you would like more information on news items, please call Sophie McCourt, head of internal communications, on 020 7399 0000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org