Key investment themes - fourth quarter 2017
Each quarter, our strategic asset allocation committee meets to identify the key themes that could affect global financial markets. This quarter’s key themes include:
1. Digging below the surface of UK indices - A conundrum in UK equity valuations
2. Time to shine - Gold is back in the spotlight
3. Out of fashion - Is there still value in Europe’s equity markets?
4. The hunt for yield - Attractive infrastructure investments are harder to find
5. Running on empty - Are US and UK consumers driving into another crisis?